Diarrhea is the passing of frequent, watery stools. Everyone has a different idea of the normal bowel habit. But a good working definition of diarrhea is a looser, more frequent bowel action than expected from past experience. A short bout diarrhea, lasting a few days, is known as acute diarrhea but if the condition persists for more than two weeks it is described however, diarrhea is not actually a disorder in itself, but is a symptom of another problem. In babies under six months, diarrhea may be a reaction to too much sugar in the diet, or a sign that there is a serious problem involved, such as gastroenteritis.
Young babies are particularly at risk from diarrhea, because of the danger of their small bodies becoming dehydrated. Gastroenteritis is an inflammation of the intestine that causes vomiting and loose, watery stools, and can affect babies and children. The symptoms vary in severity, and are less common in breastfed babies, as breast milk contains antibodies which shield the intestine from possible infection. Diarrhea in babies may also be a reaction to a change in diet, and the same food poisoning bacteria which affect adults.
Natural treatments are best to treat inflammation of the digestive tract, pain and to cure the problem.
Best Foods to Treat Diarrhea Naturally at Home
Pomegranate and Grapes Juice
Mix 2g Pomegranate juice, 2g Lemon juice and 2g Grapes juice and drink it. Best natural tip to stop loose motion and vomiting due to diarrhea.
If your diarrhea is so frequent that you risk dehydration and you need to quickly stop the flow, prepare some cinamon tea. Cinnamon is a natural astrigent that will dry up your bowel. Mix 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon into 1 cup of hot water. Steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Use cinnamon this way only for short period of time but chronic diarrhea requires medical attention.
Lemon Juice, Onion, Honey and Camphor
Mix 2-3 pinches of camphor in 1/2 g lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon honey and 1/2 g onion juice. Give it to the patient 3-4 times daily to treat and cure diarrhea naturally.
Tamarind and Dry Plum
Daily soak 5-6 dry plum and 8-10 tamarind pcs. in 4-5 glasses of water overnight. Next morning remove out seeds and blend it. Mix sugar and 2-3 pinches of salt in it. Give it to the patient. Use of tamarind, dry plum, lemon and grapefruits very much beneficial to treat diarrhea.
Bitter Gourd Juice with Salt
To stop vomiting and loose/water motion in diarrhea add salt in bitter gourd juice, give it to the patient. Also best to cure diarrhea.
Give 20 g onion juice after every 2 hours to the diarrhea patient. Best natural treatment tip to get rid from diarrhea.
Psyllium Husk with Banana and Yogurt
Mix 1-2 tablespoons of Psyllium Husk (Ispaghol) in 1 bowl of Yogurt and mix 1 or 2 ripe mashed Banana in it. Eat it and repeat it 2-3 times during the day to cure and treat diarrhea fast.
Drinking Guava leaves tea is also effective natural tip to cure and treat diarrhea. Boil one or two fresh leaves in one glass water for 5 minutes and leave it to cool. Take 5 to 6 tablespoons of this tea after every 2 hours.
Fennel Seeds, Mint Leaves Detox with Nigella Seeds Oil
Boil 3-4 Green Cardamoms, one inch cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon of Fennel Seeds, half teaspoon natural/rock salt and 20-25 fresh leaves of Mint. Boil it in 1 liter water for 4-5 minutes then leave it to cool. Before drinking it add 1 teaspoon of sugar and 5 drops of nigella seeds oil in half cup. Take it after every 2 hours during the day, drink the full amount to treat diarrhea.
Banana with Yogurt to Treat Diarrhea in Babies
To cure and treat diarrhea in babies or children just adds mashed bananas in plain yogurt and give it to the baby. Pectin in bananas a type of soluble fiber that soaks up excess fluid in the intestine and slow down the passage of watery stool and vomiting. And the Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium in yogurt are best to restore healthy levels of the intestine.
Starchy foods like well cooked rice with Mung beans (moong dal) that can help restore nutrients and comfort your stomach. Best foods to recover the diarrhea.
Avoid Traveler Diarrhea
Travelers to parts of the world where hygiene levels are not very high should follow these simple rules:
- All water, including that used for ice cubes, must be regarded as infected unless you know that it has been boiled prior to use.
- Food must be piping hot (partially reheated meat is particularly prone to salmonella).
- Peel fruit and vegetables yourself before eating. Avoid prepared fruit from restaurants or markets, that may have been handled by unwashed hands.
- Do not swim in fresh water because you do not know what is being thrown in upstream.
- If you get a bad upset stomach, stop eating and drink a lot of liquid, preferably containing a little sugar and salt, sachets are available from the chemist’s, but remember to add them to freshly boiled water.
What to Add and What to Avoid in Diarrhea
- 1)Consult your doctor without delay if the problem persists for more than 24 hours, or if the baby is unwell, in pain or has a temperature.
- 2)Whatever you think the cause may be, the first thing is to cut out all milk apart from breast milk, all solids, and increase the amount of water given to the patient.
- 3)Avoid all types of fruit juices. Drink Dioralyte (a sachet containing salt and sugar) available over the counter, which should be added to boiled water.
- 4)In infants treatment involves cutting out solids and bottle feeds.
- 5)Use easily digests food, avoid all fats, acids and dairy products.
- 6)Eating green chilies daily is the natural tips to cure from diarrhea. Because seeds of green chilies in our stomach kick out diarrhea causes.