The body is said to be dehydrated when it becomes dangerously short of water. The average man is made up of about 60% water, and the average woman about 50%. The figure is even higher in children, but declines in old age.
An adequate intake of water is essential for the healthy functioning of the body. Diarrhea and vomiting should not normally cause dehydration problems in adults. There are actually two main causes of dehydration: either the body can take in too little water, or it can lose too much.
Symptoms of Dehydration
Though the severity of dehydration symptoms may different due to age, weight, and level of activity, certain symptoms are common.
- Dark colored urine
- Dry skin
- A dry and sticky mouth
- Dizziness and fatigue
- Stiffness of the muscles or joints
Main Causes of Dehydration
- Normally a poor intake of water is due either to poor water supplies or to difficulties with swallowing.
Many people who are being sick thin that the best remedy is to drain nothing at all. But in fact it is fat better to take regular sips of cold, clear water.
- In a temperate climate, the adult body normally loses about 1.5 liters of water a day, simply through the natural processes of sweating, breathing and urinating. In a hot climate between two and five liters of water can be lost daily, which can in fact be doubled if hard physical work is involved.
- Diarrhea is the most common cause of an increased fluid loss from the body. The patient may possibly lose up to 10 or 15 liters of fluid in 12 hours.This sort of fluid loss can prove to be a fatal problem, especially in children.
- Under normal circumstances this should be at least enough to produce urine that is consistently pale.
- In hotter climates, especially in direct sun, it needs to be very much more, possibly as much as half a liter of water every hour.
Dehydration treatment is usually quite simple. The main thing is to try and keep up a regular and adequate fluid intake. Some natural foods are also helpful to deal with this condition which are given below. However, Essential minerals replaced by a special sugar and slat solution, like Dioralyte. if problems do occur, it is advisable for the doctor to be consulted.
Best Natural Hydrating Foods to Fight with Dehydration
Tragacanth Gum and Chia Seed with Sandal Wood Syrup
Soak 1 tablespoon of Tragacanth Gum (Gond Katira) and 1 tablespoon Chia Seed (tukhme balanga) in half liter water for 1-2 hours. Now add one or two tablespoons of sandal wood syrup and sugar to taste in it. Drink 1 glass after every 1 or 2 hours during the day. If you have diabetes than avoid to add sugar. Best natural way to deal dehydration fast.
Tamarind, Dry Plum and Dry Coriander Seeds
Soak 50 grams tamarind, 50 grams dry plum and 50 grams dry coriander seeds in 4 liter water. Next morning remove tamarind and dry plum seeds now blend it in same water now add natural sugar to taste and 1/4 teaspoon salt in it. Take it with a regular intervals during the day. Best tip to treat dehydration especially due to diarrhea naturally.
Buttermilk with Cumin Seeds
Buttermilk is packed with several nutritional vitamins and minerals. Cumin seeds also found to help in reducing symptoms of dehydration. Mix one teaspoon roasted and grounded cumin seed in one large glass of butter milk. Drink it early in the morning and several times during a day to fight dehydration.
Daily take one glass of watermelon juice or 250 g watermelon early in the morning on an empty stomach for one week. Best to reduce high blood pressure significantly overnight. Amino acid in watermelon is best to lower dehydration.
Watermelon and Lemon Juice
Take one glass of watermelon juice and mix lemon juice with candy sugar in it. Those who feel thirst after drinking water try this magical tip to stop and reduce excessive thirst. In a severe conditions use this tip continuously for one week.
Pumpkin Pulp with Natural Sugar
Compress pumpkin pulp and get 25 grams extracts, add 15 grams natural sugar and half liter normal water in pumpkin extracts. Take 10-15 tablespoons after every 1 or 2 hour to reduce dehydration symptoms naturally.
Psyllium Husk with Banana and Yogurt
Mix 1-2 tablespoons of Psyllium Husk (Ispaghol) in 1 bowl of Yogurt and mix 1 or 2 ripe mashed Banana in it. Eat it and repeat it 2-3 times during the day to cure diarrhea fast caused by dehydration.
Apple Juice with Normal Water
Mix 250 g water in 25-30 grams apple juice and drink it to treat excessive thirst and dehydration naturally fast.
Best to deal with severe dehydration naturally. Coconut water is the best natural source of vitamins and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, sulfur and chlorine. Also boost your immune system naturally fast. Inorganic acids in coconut water play a major role to hydrate our body. Take one cup 4-5 times during the day this will help to lower dehydration symptoms fast.
Hogweed (khurfa) , Cucumber and Apiary (kakri) Seeds
Blend 6 g (khurfa), 6 g cucumber and 3 g (kakri) seeds in 125 g water. Now filter this water and drink ¼ cup after every 2 hours. Best and fast effective way to deal with dehydration naturally.
Pineapple and Lemon Water
Mix 4-5 tablespoons of pineapple juice in Lemon water and drink it daily early in the morning on an empty stomach to reduce high blood pressure and stroke risk naturally. Pineapple significantly proven to effectively deal with dehydration naturally.
Foods To Avoid Dehydration
- Caffeine is a diuretic, which causes the body to produce more urine. Drinking coffee, tea, or colas that contain caffeine can actually waste more fluids from the body, and they are often considered foods that cause dehydration.
- Foods to avoid with dehydration include diet sodas, alcoholism, especially beer, and even apple cider vinegar as these are diuretics, and can increase urine output.
- High protein diets are also can cause dehydration.
- Eating fried food after drinking alcohol can increase dehydration and also increase stress level on the digestive system.
- Salads, nuts and beans should be avoided to the patient facing dehydration due to diarrhea.