Malaria is a serious disease which is spread by the bites of the anopheles mosquito. The mosquito is host to a parasite, which spends part of its life cycle in humans. Once it gets into the blood stream, it infects the red blood cells. When the victim is bitten by another, uninfected mosquito, that mosquito picks up the parasite, so the disease is passed on. It can take anything from a week to a year from the bites until the time the symptoms emerge. If the victim is taking antimalarial drugs, these may suppress the symptoms, rather than preventing the invasion of the parasites. The symptoms appear when the red blood cells, which are infected rupture and release parasites into the bloodstream. They go on to infect more blood cells.
Symptoms of Malaria
- Shaking chills and fever Shiver then temperature rises to around 105F
- Headache and vomiting
- The infected cells may block blood vessels and vital organs, including the kidneys, enlarged spleen.
- Hemolytic anemia and jaundice Weak immune system and brain, which may lead to coma
Some natural foods and remedies are most effective to treat malaria at home. These are good and helpful for malaria patients to get well soon.
Best Natural Foods and Remedies to Treat Malaria at Home
Drinking boiled water of Chirayata very much effective to lower the fever. Drink ½ cup daily 2-3 times during the whole day. One of the fast effective natural remedies to treat malaria at home fast.
Mix 2 pinches of Nigella seeds with 2 pinches of Cinnamon powder and take it with lukewarm water daily 2-3 times daily. Or make a powder with it and mix in a glass of orange juice and drink it.
Basil Leaves with Apple Juice
Blend 8-10 Basil leaves in one glass of Apple juice and give it to the patient regularly till complete recover.
Roast 100 g slat in a dry pan until it becomes brown. Place it to cool and keep it in a glass bottle. Mix half teaspoon of this roasted salt in half glass of water and drink it daily. Very effective to treat malaria at home.
Eating Grapefruit or drinking its juice is the most effective best treatment tip for malaria. Daily take 2-3 glasses of grapefruit juice during the day for a fast relief.
Mix 2-3 pinches of cinnamon powder in 1 glass of milk or pomegranate juice and drink it daily. Not only cure the malaria, but also increases red blood cells in the body.
What to Add and What to Avoid
- In most cases, admission to hospital is necessary. The illness is treated with antimalarial drugs, but blood transfusions may necessary in severe cases.
- It is important to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes.
- Cold pack application can be very helpful to lower the temperature.
- At night you should use nets over the bed, or use electrical mosquito repellent machines. Wear protective clothing in the evening and apply insect repellent to your skin.