Running Nose during the winter or summer season can cause neck congestion, sore throat, cough, fever over 102 degrees and falling passage of mucus through the nose. Mucus within the running nose or sneezing is a natural infection. Allergies can increase mucus production.
With Allopathic medicines there is no good treatment for the Flu and running nose. Try to use natural home remedies that are more effective and having no side effects. These home remedies have been used to treat running nose/flu symptoms from generations.
Best Natural Home Remedies for Running Nose
Dried Lavender Flowers, Licorice and Nigella Seeds Powder
Usually in winter season due to cold and drinking cold water in summer season caused running nose. In this condition this natural remedy works wonderfully to treat running nose. Grind 50 grams nigells seeds, 100 grams dried lavender flowers and 100 grams licorice in a mortar or grinder. Take 3 grams with lukewarm water twice a day for 3 days continuously.
Hot Lemon Juice
Wrap a Lemon in pure cotton cloth and cover it with clay then compress it in coal ash for 2-3 minutes to make it softer. Put it out and compress as it is and drink this hot juice of lemon. The flu will be gone and your nose become dry with the use of this remedy for 2 or 3 times.
Viola Odorata (Banafsha) and Red Jojoba
Heat up to 170 F° 250 grams ripe Orange juice and boil it for 1-2 minutes then add 15-20 Viola odorata (banafsha) Leaves and 1 or 2 red jojoba in it and off the flame. Cover the pan for 5 minutes then strain it and sip it like tea. Drink it during the day when you feel thirst. You will feel effectively better within 2 or maximum 3 days.
Clay, Honey and Salt
Make a thick paste with Honey and Salt then roll it in a cotton cloth piece then cover this paste with clay (multani miti) and burn it on flame. When clay comes into red color, then put out salt and keep it in a glass jar. Daily eat 2-3 pinches of this salt with water after having your breakfast. Honey is a natural remedy for cough and flu. Those children, who cannot sleep at night with cough and congestion, feel calm to use honey before sleep.
Fried Ginger Chips
Fry Ginger thin slices in oil or ghee then add sugar water with an equal quantity of ginger. After cooking it on low flame for 1-2 minutes add (¼ quantity of cooked mixture) ginger powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder in it. Daily take it with water ¼ teaspoon, best remedy for running nose and thick yellow mucus.
Bacterial mucus passage can effects on your voice and can cause of throat infection. To treat this problem this remedy is found very effective. Just mix ¼ teaspoon asafoetida (Heeng) in 1 glass warm water and gargle with it. You will feel better after using it 2 or 3 times.
Boil 50 grams Flour Bran (chokar) in 2 cup of water. Take 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup in the evening. The best tip to get relief fast from running nose or flu.
Dip a cotton ball in Onion juice and place it on your nose for few minutes. During this have long breath continuously. Running nose will stop and you will get relief from flu.
Roast Nigella Seeds in a dry pan and smell it. It will open nasal blockage and stop running flu fast. Eat 6-7 Black Pepper with water before going to sleep.
Wheat Flour Tea
Boil 1-2 tablespoons of Wheat flour in 1 glass of water for 30 seconds. Filter it and add sugar to taste in it and sip it like tea.
Half Boiled Egg
Eating half boiled Egg can be effective to stop running nose in winter. Also is the most effective for new born babies running nose and flu.
Take 1 garlic clove with water 2-3 times during the day. Best to stop running nose and dry cough in extreme cold weather.
Honey for Running Nose
The best natural tip for winter flu or running nose. Mix 1 teaspoon Honey with ¼ teaspoon Ginger juice and lip it. The miraculous remedy for cold flu.
Compress half Lemon juice and mix with 2 teaspoons of Honey. Take it daily 3-4 times during the day. The best tip for flu and running nose.
Mix 1 tablespoon Honey and 1 teaspoon Ginger juice in 1 glass of lukewarm water. Using 3-4 times during the day will stop running nose and remove thick or yellow mucus too. Ginger may relieve congestion with cold and flu. Ginger helps to reduce production of mucus production and infection. Very much effective drink it before going to sleep.
Mix 1 tablespoon Honey in 1 glass lukewarm water and add 1 teaspoon Ginger juice in it. Drink it 3-4 times during the day. The best tip for flu and headache cause by flu.
If you feel the music or whistling in your ears while running nose problem. Mix Pure Honey, Glycerin and Almond Oil in equal quantity. Keep it in a glass bottle with lid. Use 1-2 drops daily in each ear, it will drain out puss and dust in the ear. In a few days your whistling ear problem will resolve.
What to Add What to Avoid
- Daily eat 1 or 2 pear after having your meal daily to reduce and stop running nose.
- Avoid milk, wheat and saturated fats, which can increase production of mucus and inflammation.
- Bee Balm is an effective home remedy for the flu. It clears respiratory infections and nasal congestion. Bee Balm Leaf tea with honey and lemon may relieve you faster.
- Those who get less sleep about 7-8 hours found three times more affected from cold symptoms. Plenty of rest can decrease the symptoms.
- Yogurt eaters found to have less cold and diseases causing germs.
- Tea or Hot Chicken soups and hot water is more effective than drinking cold water. Fever is cause of dehydrated, liquids can resolve fever symptoms.
- Soup boosts the immune system and reduces the inflammation of white cells. Herbal Tea eases the passage of mucus through the nose.
- For temporary relief from flu warm water with salt gargling good to use. It can decrease allergy symptoms.
- Add spice in your meal chili peppers is an antioxidant. Spice helps to thin mucus in the lungs.
- Steam with warm water to add thyme oil 10-15 drops or vapors may help to breath easy. It is mostly effective. Steam helps to clear nasal passages.
- Make a nasal spray to mix in water salt and baking soda. Use it with a syringe to squirt water into the nose. Drink this mixture gently from your nose, it will open your nostril and helps to ease breath.
- Fluid intake may help you to stop runny nose.