A skin abscess is a collection of pus in skin tissues or organs caused by a bacterial infection. The pus is infectious, so care needs to be taken to prevent the infection from spreading. Common sites of abscesses include the breast, the armpit, the acne, back of the neck, the groin, and the tissue around the root of a tooth that has been damaged, but they may develop in any organ or beneath the skin.
Symptoms of Abscess
- Symptoms include swelling, redness, a fever and pain. The pain is due to the build up of pus which causes a great deal of pressure as it tries to burst out.
- An abscess should be seen by a doctor; usually it will treat with antibiotics, but if it’s very painful the doctor may drain it for you and then take a swab to see what caused it.
- A tooth abscess should be treated by a dentist. If the infection has not spread too far, he will be able to drain the pus away without having to remove the tooth.
When germs get into skin breakouts, obstruction of oil glands or sweat glands and inflammation of hair follicles caused tension under the skin and inflammation which calls the abscess.
Some useful and most effective natural tips and home remedies are given below to heal skin abscess at home.
Best Natural Tips and Remedies for a Skin Abscess
Azadirachta Indica (Neem Leaves)
Neem contain chemicals that might help reduce heal skin ulcers, kill bacteria and prevent formation of bacteria. Keep your skin clean by washing the affect area regularly with Azadirachta Indica (Neem Leaves) boiled water 4-5 times during the day. For a puncture wound. Apply a lukewarm paste of Azadirachta Indica (Neem Leaves) on affected area immediately or consult a dermatologist in a severe condition.
Betel leaf has powerful, natural antibacterial properties. Betel leaf extracts deep cleanse the pores, refresh the skin and keep it healthy. Make a paste of green fresh betel leaves and apply it on effected area for 2-3 hours. Wash it with cold water. Keep using for one week to recover, not only remove out abscess also remove spots.
Figs filter UV rays, thus protect the skin cells from bacteria and damaging. Boil Figs (anjeer) in milk and make a thick paste. Apply this paste on Abscess area and tie up with a cotton cloth piece this will bust the abscess and remove out pus fast.
Egg Yolk with Turmeric Powder
Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of turmeric and egg yolk are great for skin care. If the pain, improving quickly make a paste with an Egg Yolk and Turmeric powder. Mix them in lukewarm mustard oil and apply it immediately to the affected area. Within 2or 3 days you will not only reduction in inflammation, but also reduces the size.
Green Walnut Paste
Green walnut reduce mucus formation and protect skin from harmful oxygen -free redials. Apply Green Walnut paste to the affected area 2-3 times in a day. One of the best natural tips to treat and cure skin abscess.
What To Add and What to Avoid
- Do not try to drain the abscess by pressing on it. This can make the condition severe.
- Using a needle or in-hygienic instrument into the abscess, it can be dangerous or cause the infection to spread.
- Separate your towel and cloths from the other family members. Wash the cloths separately in boiling water of Azadirachta Indica (Neem Leaves) to kill the germs naturally.