Bed wetting (Enuresis) is a very common problem of children and sometimes in others. by the age of five, about 90% of children remain dry at night. However, some children, particularly boys, continue to wet the bed until they are about 10, when better better bladder control enables them to last the night without an accident. The main cause of bed-wetting is simply that the bladder control mechanism is not mature enough. A delay in the mature communication between the brain and the bladder, heredity, fear, tress, feeling cold and small bladder are the other main causes of bed wetting.
These useful tips to stop bed wetting are very helpful in this embarrassing condition.
Best Natural Tips to Stop Bed Wetting
Water Chest Nuts (singhara)
Make a fine powder with Water Chest Nuts (singhara) 200 grams and mix 100 grams Brown Sugar (crushed jaggery) with it. Use 1 teaspoon twice a day. Very much effective and wonderful tip to stop bed wetting.
Pomegranate Peel Off
Make a powder with dry Pomegranate peel off. Take ½ teaspoon with water daily before going to bed.
Sesame Seeds with Jaggery
Fry Sesame seeds in a dry pan for 15-20 second, put out from the pan. Now crush Jaggery and put into the pan to low flame. When it becomes in the liquid form mix these sesame seeds in it and off the flame. Cool it and make little balls with this mixture and keep them in a glass jar. Daily eats 1 or 2 before going to bed, very much effective and old tip to stop bed wetting.
Dried Gooseberry Shells with Black Cumin and Honey
Make a powder with dry Gooseberry Peel off and Black Cumin. Mix it in Honey and daily take 1 teaspoon full before going to bed. The best tip to treat and stop bed wetting.
Poppy Seeds with Black Sesame and Brown Sugar
Soak Poppy seeds in water overnight next morning filter water and dry it in the sun. Mix Black sesame (kalay til) and brown sugar in it. Keep it in a jar and use it daily 2-3 times. Also best to improve your sleep.
Roasted Red Lentil (Masoor)
Just roast Red Lentil (Masoor) in dry pan when it becomes in the dark color of the flame. Daily eat 2-3 tablespoons 2-3 times during the day. Very much effective and easy tip to stop bed wetting for ages.
Daily use of 10-15 Pumpkin seeds is one of the best tip to power your bladder and treat frequent urinating.
Ginger Tea with Cinnamon and Honey
Make Ginger Tea with a piece of ginger, teabag and add 1 inch piece of Cinnamon (darcheni) in it and boil it for 1-2 minutes then off the flame and add 1 teaspoon honey in it. Sip it daily before going to bed.
Daily eating 2-3 Saw Palmetto is also one of the best natural tip to power your bladder and reduce frequent urination.
Banana with Walnut Powder
This tip is best for infants and children. Just mash 1 Banana and add 1 teaspoon for infants or 1 tablespoon for children over 3 years. Take it to the baby twice or thrice in a day. Very much effective natural tip for children.
Banyan Tree Milk or Fruit
Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Banyan tree milk in glass of lukewarm cow’s milk and give it to the sufferer before going to sleep. Banyan tree milk is one of the best natural tonic to stop bed wetting during sleeping. Not only treat the problem also strengthen you bladder walls. Or eating 2-3 banyan tree fruit (golaan) daily for one week is the best natural solution for bed wetting.
Eating 1 times Millet bread or roasted millet during the day is one the best tip to stop bed wetting and frequent urinating.
Use walnuts to reduce frequent urination. Increase or reduce intake the quantity of walnuts as required for the condition.
Take two dry dates in afternoon and one date before going to sleep with one cup lukewarm milk. Dry dates strengthen bladder walls and you can get rid from frequent urination and bed wetting naturally.
Other Useful Natural Tips
- There are several simple measures to help prevent the problem; restricting drinks during the evening and waking the child a few hours after it has gone to sleep are helpful in preventing accidents and unnecessary washing of bed-linen.
- If the problem persists, it may be worth investing in a special alarm; these consist of a pad which is placed over the mattress but under the sheet. As soon as the child begins to urinate the alarm sounds, waking him or her up so that he/she can control the bladder and go to the bathroom.
- Drug treatment is also possible, but the drugs used generally have side effects and are dangerous if the child takes an overdose.
What to Add and What to Avoid
- Make sure the child goes to the toilet last thing at night.
- Restrict drinks after five in the evening.
- Praise the child every time she/he has a dry night or encourage her by putting up a chart with a star for every dry night.
- Weak the child and ‘pot’ him/her if urinates at a regular time.
- Punish a child for bed wetting.
- Make the child anxious or worried about the problem.