Normal vaginal discharge is clear and almost odorless. The normal vaginal discharge is the method by which the vagina and cervix keep themselves clean. The discharge is rich in glucose, and certain bacteria in the vagina turn this glucose to acid, which kills off harmful germs. Excessive discharge of whitish substance, from the vagina, is also known as Leucorrhoea.
The amount may increase when you are sexually excited. You may also notice that the discharge is heavier midway between periods; this is due to ovulation, and is part of the body’s effort to aid fertilization. White vaginal discharge will, of course, differ from woman to woman.
Watery, urine like discharges during pregnancy may be an indication that the waters have broken. This normal at the end of pregnancy, and a sign that labour is under way. Earlier in pregnancy, it may lead to premature labour, and a danger that an infection may enter and affect the baby; hospital admission is usually necessary.
Symptoms and Causes of Vaginal Discharge
- An abnormally discolored (likely to be green or yellow) and offensive smelling discharge, coupled with pain in the abdomen, may be caused by an acute infection of the Fallopian tubes or uterus, and you should consult your doctor immediately.
- The coil also increases the amount of discharge; due to being on the Pill or pregnancy, also increase the quantity.
- Fungal and bacterial infection produces a watery, greenish, foamy with an unpleasant fishy smell and very itchy vaginal discharge.
- Excessive discharge of this liquid can be the cause of many sexual health and beauty problems for you like stress, weak bones (osteoporosis), anemia (low blood level), hangovers, dark circles under eyes, backache, tiredness, constipation and abdominal pain.
- Watery and odorless discharge is normal and healthy for your body health but if it becomes thicker, white or yellowish than you need to cure your genital from infection or other problems.
- Hormonal changes in young girls or thinking more about sex are the main causes of excessive vaginal discharge.
- Lower estrogen level and nutrition food, recurring pregnancy, abortion and use of unhygienic pads or cloths during periods are the other main causes of vaginal discharge.
Here we have the best natural treatments to solve this problem naturally and effectively at home because natural treatments are better than medication to treat vaginal discharge without any side effect.
Best Natural Tips to Treat Vaginal Discharge (Leukorrhea)
Salvia Plebeian (kamarkas)
Make a fine powder with Salvia Plebeian (kamarkas) and take ¼ teaspoon daily with 1 glass of milk on an empty stomach. It is very effective to stop vaginal discharge within 4-5 days and also stop any kind of infection in the genital area.
Washing genital area with Salvia Plebeian (kamarkas) leaves boiled water is best for vaginal discharge, infections and swelling. Its flowers prevents hormonal changes and prevent excessive menstrual bleeding and white discharge.
Babool Tree Fruit (kikar ki phalli)
Use of fresh pods of the Babool tree fruit is most effective in sexual disorders especially frequent vaginal discharge in females and premature ejaculation in males. These pods remove catarrhal matter and phlegm from the bronchial tubes to control vaginal discharge. It also helps to tighten vaginal size after delivery.
Boil 50 gm Okra in half liter of water for 10 minutes until the water reduces into half. Strain the okra water and add one teaspoon honey in it. Take half cup thrice a day. Okra has various useful minerals which are beneficial to reduce excessive vaginal discharge naturally.
Eating 1 green banana daily with an empty stomach is best to treat vaginal discharge naturally. Boil Banana tree roots in 5-6 liter water and sit in it after it becomes lukewarm for 20-25 minutes will decrease infection.
Green Mango Nut Powder
Make dry green mango nut as required and make a fine powder and take 1 teaspoon along with one cup milk. This is one of the most effective natural tips for treating vaginal discharge.
Terminalia Chebula (Harer)
Daily eating with an empty stomach 1-2 pcs. of Terminalia chebula, Haritaki, black myrobalan preserve resolve all female genital problems naturally. Also best to treat constipation which can cause vaginal discharge.
Snake Root (Anjabar)
Make a powder of dried snake roots and take ½ teaspoon with water. Within 4-5 days your problem will be treated effectively and naturally.
Soak 2-3 dried Figs in 1 glass water overnight and next morning mash or blend these figs in water and drink it. One of the best and natural tips to treat white discharge problems.
The flowering plant is antibiotic, highly astringent, hypoglycaemic, styptic and vulnerary. Externally, the plant is used as a cleansing and healing wash for wounds, sores, impetigo, eczema, vaginal discharge, vaginal itching. Boil 1-2 flower in 1 liter water and use it 4-5 times during the day.
Asparagus (safaid musli)
Asparagus has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which are beneficial in treating vaginal discharge. Use it in the morning on an empty stomach to relieve the symptoms of vaginal discharge (leukorrhea). Continue this remedy for at least 1 week for best and most effective results.
Dried Gooseberry Powder
Daily eating ½ teaspoon dried gooseberry powder with water is also effective to cure and treat excessive vaginal discharge. Make a fine powder with Turmeric and Dried Gooseberry in equal quantity and make a paste with water. Apply this paste on vaginal area. Leave it for 1 hour then wash it with lukewarm water or Neem water. Best and fast effective remedy to cure excessive white vaginal discharge infection.
Areca Nut (Supari)
Powder of Areca nut (supari) also found effective to treat excessive vaginal discharge. Make a fine powder with areca nut and daily take half teaspoon with clay pot water before breakfast.
Raw Figs of Banyan (kachi golar)
Dry up Green Banana and Banyan Raw Fig with peel in sun. Make a powder with it and take 5-10 grams two times in a day with water. Best natural treatment to stop vaginal discharge within 4-5 days and also strengthen ovary walls.
Boil 1 betel leaf in one glass water for 4-5 minutes. Strain this water and drink it daily 2-3 times during the day. One of the best natural tips to treat and cure vaginal discharge within 2-3 days. Also useful to reduce vaginal size after delivery.
White Turmeric (Kachoor)
One of the oldest and most reliable home treatment to cure the white discharge in vagina is white turmeric. This is a long known natural remedy to treat any genital related problem and add to that, white turmeric powder when mixed with water gives a soluble liquid like substance. Apply it gently as a vaginal douche to keep leukorrhea at bay. You can also take one teaspoon white turmeric powder with pot water twice a day. Its antibacterial and anti fungal properties always helps in getting rid of the unwanted germs to breed in vagina.
Yogurt with Red Raspberry Leaf
Take 2-3 red raspberry leaves and blend them in one cup yogurt. Red Raspberry Leaves are best soothing to the uterine muscles, thus calming menstrual cramps, excessive vaginal discharge and reducing menstrual pain too.
To treat vaginal discharge (leucorrhea) permanently mix one teaspoon honey in 2 tablespoons of grapes juice and daily take it for 10 days. One of the best natural tips to treat vaginal discharge (leukorrhea) naturally and effectively.
Make a powder with dried Pomegranate flower or Punica granatum linn (gulnar), butea Monosperma (kamarkas), saffron and a natural candy in equal quantity. Keep this powder in a glass jar and take ½ teaspoon daily with an empty stomach or in severe condition take 2 to 3 times daily. It will resolve all female related sexual health problems naturally.
It contains powerful astringent qualities and it is used for treating excessive mucous and vaginal discharge. Boil 1-2 leaves of gambir in one cup water for 2-3 minutes and sip it like tea thrice a week.
What to Add and What to Avoid
- Add more estrogen food in your daily diet.
- Excessive sex desire or masturbation can make your problem worse and stop or lower your growth level.
- During periods change your pads after every 5-6 hours maximum.
- Daily take 1 bowl of yogurt with an empty stomach for your genital health and to cure Leukorrhea.
- Keep yourself from dehydration and drink a plenty of water daily. Water cures vaginal liquid sticky and bad odor.
- Wash your undergarments and genitals properly and regularly with antiseptic soap or liquid.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables can also help to treat this problem naturally.
- Avoid using foods that makes with white flour, it may increase vaginal discharge faster.
- Limit protein food like meat or beef it may increase your problem.
- Avoid oilier, spicy foods and tea or coffee during any treatment for leukorrhea.