Shingles is an infection of the nerve supplying certain areas of the skin, which causes a crusty, blistered rash. Shingles is caused by the herpes zoster virus. Herpes is a blister like rash caused by infection with any of a group of viruses responsible for many common illnesses, including chickenpox, shingles and glandular fever. Shingles (herpes zoster) simplex is probably the most common viral parasite which lives off man.
Types of Herpes
It exists in two forms type 1 usually causes cold sores, spots and blisters on the face, lips and eyes but oral sex with a partner who has cold sores could cause genital herpes.
Herpes simplex type 2, is transmitted sexually, causing genital herpes in men and women, and can affect non genital skin areas in the new born babies of mothers who are carrying the infection.
Symptoms and Causes of Genital Shingles (herpes)
- The incubation period (the length of time between picking up the infection and developing the disease) is short, only five or six days.
- The first attack usually consists of blisters on the genitals. The most fast affected parts of the body are the anus, buttocks or thighs as well as on the fingers.
- Shingles (herpes) can cause severe pain, discharge and constipation. The degree of pain depends on the number and site of the blisters, although some of the areas likely to be affected will probably are more painful than others.
- The blisters will usually take about 10 days to heal completely but throughout that time they will be constantly shedding viruses.
Some natural treatments are best to treat this problem at home without any side effect which are we given below. In severe condition better to consult a dermatologist.
Best Natural Tips to Treat Herpes
Olive Leaves Boiled Water
Boil a handful olive leaves in 4-5 liters water for 8-10 minutes when it becomes into half off the flame and place it to cool. Now dip a large cotton ball in it and apply it softly on the affected area 4-5 times daily. Olive leaves properties are best for killing the herpes zoster virus and also stop the formation of this virus naturally.
One a herpes sore forms, it can seem like an eternity before it goes away. Applying a milk compress to a cold sore may help it heal more quickly. Just dip a washcloth or cotton ball in cold milk, apply it to the sore for 5-10 seconds, then remove it for another5. Continue the process for 5 minutes, and repeat it every 3-4 hours, rinsing your skin between treatments.
China Root (chob chini) Melange, Jojobe (unaab) Syrup
Daily take 7 g china root melange with one glass of water before going to sleep for one week. Next week mix 30 g jojobe syrup in one glass of water and take it. Best natural way to treat and cure herpes internally. Keep using until required results.
Yogurt with Neem Leaves Paste
Make a creamy paste fresh green leaves with yogurt and apply it on affected area for 20-25 minutes. Before applying this paste also boil neem leaves in 2-3 liters water and place it to cool. After applying the paste wash the affected area with this boiled but cold neem water. It is best to take a bath with this neem water daily. Lysine properties of yogurt are best to treat this problem naturally.
Pineapple Juice with Egg white
Pineapple juice and egg white are the best source of lysine. Applying pineapple juice with egg white is also best to treat herpes zoster problem. Drinking pineapple juice during this period is also best to treat this problem. Vitamin C and zinc have also been found to be extremely beneficial in keeping all forms of the herpes virus away. And they have the added benefit of giving the immune system a powerful boost, which of course, helps sufferers of shingles.
Aloe Vera Gel with Milk
In order to reduce pain and stimulate recovery, soak a thin cotton cloth in aloe vera gel and milk mixture. Now cover the area with it. This procedure should dramatically reduce recovery time if repeated regularly. It will also provide much needed relief naturally to the itching and can help ease the painful, uncomfortable skin of shingles.
Onion Juice and Alum Powder
Make a mixture with 10 g onion juice and 10 alum powder in a glass bottle with tight lid and mix well. Daily apply this mixture with a cotton swab on herpes area 3 times during the day. It will gives you a cooling effect on applying and works very fast to treat herpes in few days.
Curcuma (Turmeric) Node in Goat’s Milk
Abrase 1 g curcuma node piece in 5 tablespoons goat’s milk and quickly apply it directly on affected area for one hours. Now wash with neem leaves boiled but cold water. This will helps in soothing the irritated and itchy skin. Best natural tip to heal and treat herpes naturally which will also helps in killing herpes bacteria.
Lemon Peels Powder with Fresh Cream
Dry up 50 g lemon peels in sun and make a fine powder and mix this powder in 20 g fresh cream to make a balm. It has flavonoids, phenolic acid, and rosmarinic acid, which helps in healing the sores or blisters. Keep it in a jar and daily apply it on affected area 3 to 4 times in a day to treat and heal herpes naturally.
Licorice Roots Powder and Honey
Antibacterial and glycyrrhizic acid properties of licorice and honey are best to treat and cure herpes virus. Make a fine powder with 50 g licorice roots and mix it with honey before applying. Apply it on affected area 4 to 5 time during the day for one or two weeks. Simmer ¼ teaspoon of licorice roots powder in one cup boiled water for 10 to 15 minutes and dip two cotton balls in it. Apply these cotton balls on blisters one by one for 5 minutes. Within one week you can get rid from herpes problem effectively.
Corn Silk Paste
Make a paste with corn silk and apply it on herpes blisters before going to sleep. Leave it overnight and next morning wash it with neem leaves boiled water. The essential oil of corn silk will helps in reducing itching, skin irritation and inflammation. Within 2 or 3 application you can get rid of herpes.
What to Add and What to Avoid
- Although there is no medical proof, many sufferers of herpes believe that outbreaks can be reduced by regulating the intake of two amino acids, lysine and arginine, which occur naturally in foodstuffs.
- Foods high in lysine are believed to reduce attacks, while those high in arginine, for example nuts and rice, should be avoided. Dry your skin thoroughly, then wash and disinfect any towels.
- Wash your hands after applying the lotions, wash hands immediately. The risk is small, but you could transmit the virus to another person if you do not thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid picking at and scratching blisters. If left alone, blisters will crust over and fall off naturally.